Tuesday 15 March 2011

The day after the day before

My last post was to mark the passing of Mrs RJRs Gran, Emily Platt, a little lady with a big heart and a bigger family. Born in July 1914 she passed away peacefully last night. Gran was a gran to lots of people, including many who were not even slightly related, most people adopted her, like me, even before I joined the family 19 years ago.

Mrs RJR (Jo) had a special bond with her Grandmother, forged in early teenage years, Gran was often the carer when Jo's dad worked nights.
In these last couple of years as health failed and round the clock care was needed Jo amongst a band of siblings, cousins, Aunts and Uncles stepped up and returned the care each had been given freely in years past.
Last night, one of those dedicated Aunts phoned Jo, while she was with our girls at netball, suggesting she might want to come and see her Gran. After dropping the girls back at home, Jo made the trip down to Grans house and had the privilege of spending the last hours with her Gran and being with her, when she left this mortal world to pass over to a better place.

Emily started life as a Moss and became a Platt after marrying Thomas in 1937. As those left on this side of the veil are left remembering her as she was, I'm sure Thomas is thrilled to have the chance to be reunited with his wife, having gone on to the next life 19 years ago, at around this time of year.

I have considered this post and if I should hit the "Publish" button. It may be considered too personal, by some, I hope not. I have in laws that are regular visitors here, to them I'd like to say thank you for sharing your Gran with me, I have no real memory of my own.

Life is wonderful, Live it to the full, I'm sure that's what wonderful Gran's everywhere would want for us...

To finish Id like to leave with Gran's favourite passage of scripture..Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Yea, though I awalk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


Gran, I'm sure you will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.