Saturday, 9 April 2011

H is for High School music !

Just in case you are panicking expecting I am going all Zac Ephron I'm not !!


I was thinking the other day about songs that were in the charts the year I left High School. I am sure that we all remember those days, no matter how long ago  they were.



Our local Radio station often plays  'guess the year' games in which they play tracks and have listeners phone in. I often play along in the car and use my High School year as a base line.. Was the song before or after I left...?


So just for fun here are some of my favourite songs from THAT year...






Ah! they don't make them like they used to ....... but what was the year ?

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Easy - 1984. Guess that makes us about the same age.

Ruthie said...

very clever. I was worried when i saw the picture.. imagine that: my dad writing a post about high school musical! I love it though :)H is for hands ... RuthieTootieWishes

Donna said...

Love these songs! I was going to say 1985 but I'm sure Alex is right :)

baygirl32 said...

1984 would be my guess, great tunes

Duckie. said...

We all say that "they don't write them like that anymore", Mine was "a white sports coat and a pink carnation" when was that, 1884 was it?

Duncan D. Horne said...

Can't stand High School Musical!

Duncan In Kuantan

Momza said...

1984! No doubt!

RJR said...

And the correct answer is 1984 !!

Kit Courteney said...

Ok, well I'm the thickie, here.

I thought it was 1983. I'm 40 now and I REALLY wanted to be Hazell Dean back then. She had such cool hair!

Great blog!

Pearson Report said...

Oh darn, I was going to guess, but you gave away the answer!

Probably a good thing because I was going to ball park a number - I'm not great at guessing dates of "when things happened" - but is intriguing nonetheless seeing what others come up with.

That was a great "H" post! I'm making my way around the A-Z world hence my appearance here.

Cheers, Jenny

Yvonne said...

LOVING your look back! Great idea! Perusing your blog and really enjoying your A to Z challenge posts! I am having lots of fun with it as well!

New follower!

makinmartinezmemories.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...