Its only 30 days to the start of this years A-Z April Challenge, which seems like a long time but it will fly past and before we know it daily blogging will be upon us. If you haven't already put your name on the list.. Stop thinking about it and go do it !!!
Not familiar with the idea, its simple click on the moving zebra link above, scroll down the page you arrive at and add your name to the ever growing list. That's the hard part. The easy part is to write a blog every day in April. Day one the blog is to have something to do with "A" day two its about a "B" and so on. Confused? the nice folks that organise the show have even made a schedule to follow HERE
So we have looked at the hard part (committing) the easy part (writing) now the challenging part is to return to the sign up page, look at the list of other participants and go visit as many as possible!! That's how you make blogging friends.
Some thoughts from my experience last year.
- I doubled the number of followers, many of whom I still keep in touch with.
- I probably trebled the number of blogs I follow.
- I managed to visit every blog on the challenge list, some I loved, some I liked, some I never went back too.
- The hardest part about writing was thinking of a topic, the rest was easy. This year I have a note page on my iphone with letters A - Z listed out. As I get an idea, I add it in before I forget. So I know what my E will be even if I haven't written it yet.
- Write a few posts in the next 30 days and have them saved, it will give you some days off during April, you will appreciate that when you get there!
- If you end up missing a day in April, don't beat yourself up. This is not a legally binding contract just keep moving forward and enjoy the experience.
- When you go back to the list to look at other blogs, use your bowser wisely. Note it colours links you have visited differently so you know which you have already visited !
- Turn off your captcha codes !!! If you want people to comment make it easy! Blogger has pretty good spam protection and you can always delete a comment if it offends.
- Involve your non blogging friends, I will be asking mine "x is for?" just to see if they come up with a good idea!
So there you have it A-Z in a nutshell. just to make it even more tempting to join in I will make it extra easy. The sign up list is from the A-Z badge at the top right of this page !!! I'm number 607 this year :)