Wednesday 14 March 2012

About RJR Daydreamer



As I have started to work my way through the list of 1000 plus participants in the #AtoZchallenge, I have noticed that a vast percentage of those I have clicked on are authors or aspiring authors. To the point that I for a brief moment wondered if I fitted in. Thinking it would be nice to know a little about the person behind each of the blogs I visited, I began to wonder what people would learn about me on a casual visit here. Blogger does have an "about" section that many people use but it is only a snippet of a story. I like to know something about the bloggers I follow and thought it only fair to offer the same to others.

I am in no way, shape or form, an author and have no desire to be so. I don't blog for profit as you will see there are no adverts here. I blog about what ever takes strikes a chord in my life. Most of it is observations, humour and experiences I have had. I haver been blogging for about a year and by the time you have read this my hit counter will have rolled past 50,000 which amazes me.

The picture is my family and I. One of the first things people notice about us is, we are all tall. We don't often loose each other when split up in the supermarket ! I am hanging on to the position of tallest in the family at 6'1" but as the picture shows Jake in the foreground has almost caught me and he is only 16. (He is closer to the camera in this picture !)

Mrs RJR and I have been married 20 years and our 3 children are, Rachel 18, Jacob 16, Ruth 13. Many of the things I blog about are influenced by my family and the fact we are Latter Day Saints (Mormons) but this blog is not full of religious content. If you want to know more about my church life I have two other blogs. One is aimed at the Seminary class I teach and the other relates to the Institute class I teach.
Following me at RJR Daydreamer will not give you a religious overdose, just a few smiles, laughs and things about life to muse over.

In my spare time I build scale models, often related to trains but currently more boat related, this is the current model I am working on, all made without plans from sheets of plastic.


Again this is not what this blog is generally about, so I have a blog for that too RJR Models. I earn my living with my own company that undertakes property maintenance for commercial and domestic customers. Mrs RJR is a physiotherapist at a hospital and specializes in Neurological based problems.

For the A - Z Challenge I don't plan to have a theme just whatever takes my fancy for each of the days, which is what I did last year.

I look forward to meeting many of the challenge participants this year. Last year I managed to click on the link for everyone taking part, but I won't manage that this year. I plan to pick and choose blogs and get more of a feeling for them than quick visits achieve. Also trying to get to know those that comment here better.

Roll on April !!!



Family Friendly Blog Included in the Family Friendly Blogger listing ... Click logo for details.