Wednesday, 11 April 2012

J is for Jurassic Park

 




In 1993 Steven Spielberg created a film that I bet nearly all of you have seen. Its the story of a rich philanthropist and a team of geneticist who extract DNA from an insect trapped in Amber.

 

Now in a case of life imitates art scientists are growing closer to recreating a Mammoth. Russian scientist have just reported cloning a 30,000 year old plant and are now planning to use DNA from a baby Mammoth to clone the animal. More HERE

So this made me think, not quite the same but what period of time would you like to go back and visit ?

Family Friendly Blog Included in the Family Friendly Blogger listing ... Click logo for details.

9 comments:

Jarm Del Boccio said...

I'd love to go back to the time of Christ, to walk and talk with Him...my passion is to make Scripture come alive for my readers. Hope you are enjoying the challenge!
http://4ambassadorsofchrist.blogspot.com/

Arlee Bird said...

So many eras to choose from--can't I have more. I think it could be interesting to go back to the time of my early childhood to see what things were like from my adult perspective.


Lee
A Few Words
An A to Z Co-host blog

Tracy said...

ahhhh, love that movie...and don't even know why really!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Excellent film and it still holds up well.
I'm a creature of comforts - I don't think I'd want to go too far back.

mybabyjohn/Delores said...

Nothing that far back for sure....probably the early 1970's....

Duckie. said...

The 50/60's for me, to be courting again.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'd heard about them cloning the mammoth. That's kind of scary.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Great post! I would go back when Christ walked the earth, but he would look at me and tell me to go back to my time frame. *Sigh*


Elizabeth

A to Z co-host<br

Crystal Pistol said...

I like my modern conveniences. I would just stay here. I need my dishwasher and washing machine and i-pod, thank you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...