Monday 23 April 2012

T is for Taxman



If you are in gainful employment you like me, will have a relationship with ..."THE TAXMAN"

Given "HE" has such an influence in all our lives
T had to be for TAXMAN



Before you think I am going to get all political on you, I'm not. like most people I don't like paying tax but do like using the public services it provides. There is a balance to be had in their some where. Today's post however has no intentions of solving global financial problems. Instead here is the Beatles singing Taxman.

This song was written and released when top earners were paying a tax rate of 95% (combined tax and national insurance) hence the line "let me tell you how it will be, there's one for you nineteen for me"


 

Not a Beatles fan? Perhaps the following version by Rockwell is more to your liking?
This was released in 1984, the year I left school and started paying THE TAXMAN


Still not got one to your liking?
How about the next version "recorded" by President Obama?


Just so you know I don't follow American politics enough to be making this as a Political statement.
I just couldn't find such a good remix from a UK politician !


Family Friendly Blog Included in the Family Friendly Blogger listing ... Click logo for details.